Old 09-07-05, 08:40 PM
santiago

Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today's highlights.
  • I woke up with plenty of time to make a café au lait. That's always a great way to start the day.
  • I also had an easier ride in as I found the time to change the knobbies on my mountain bike to my slicks last night so no rumbling noise and more efficient pedaling.
  • The mornings here have been getting chillier (15C) so I put on what has become my favourite piece of clothing - my MEC zippered cycling sweater. I love this thing so much that I bought one for my wife and she loves it too. The other bonus to the cooler weather is that as the sun rises, it doesn't get super hot so it's a nice comfortable ride.
  • The pain in my left knee from Monday's fall trying to climb a steep rock on my mountain bike is tons better. Very glad about that. It was killing me durying yesterday's ride to/from work.
  • I really, really enjoy the ride in. My commute is along a bike path that runs along the river and about 5-10 kilometers south of me is the congested highway I would be stuck on driving in to work. The gorgeous weather we've been having has made it even more enjoyable.
  • I only had to wait 10 minutes for my commuting workmates at our designated meeting place. Bonus.
  • The ride home as equally good.