Old 04-25-13, 03:58 PM
joshuatrio

Bikes: Giant TCR C1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treadtread
Another factor to consider - and I think this is more important than the bike commuting aspect. Will this push you into a higher level job? As in, if you change from there, will you move to better things? If yes, then the answer is easier - you may have to compromise on the commuting for a while, at least till you reach the stage where you can consider another change to move on to better (and closer) jobs
Yes, it would put me in a Senior position. It would give me the hands on experience in the areas that I've been studying for several years now. It's also intimidating because the learning curve would be huge - but could really pay off long term. No pain no gain right?

Originally Posted by Andy_K
This alone might be a deal breaker for me. I had a 1+ hour commute by car for a while and the stress nearly killed me. For a while I took public transit (making the commute nearly 2 hours but much more relaxing). Eventually I bit the bullet and moved to the suburbs nearer to work.

That said, a big pay raise like that is nothing to be passed up lightly.
Ditto - used to commute in the past and wasn't much a fan. Money wise, I haven't had a pay raise in 3 years (no one has in my company), so this would be welcome for both my wife and I.