Old 04-27-13, 03:29 PM
Vinnems

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
I did Critical Mass yesterday in Los Angeles for the first time. If anyone was there and saw a guy dressed as Spider-Man, that was me Had more fun than any ride I've been on because me and a friend showed up ten minutes late and they had rolled out, so we kept trying to figure out what path they took and along the way kept picking up more and more riders until we had our own mini Critical Mass starting. It was so funny because someone would call up a friend who was in the ride to figure out where they are, than we'd go to that spot and see no one, and start arguing with each other, than someone would call a friend and we'd head to the next spot, repeat Eventually we made it to the first stop at First and Alameda, but that whole bit of wandering L.A. with the urban youth was too much fun.
Had to cut the ride short though, because for some reason, my left crank arm came loose. Which was weird because I've put hundreds, if not at least a thousand miles on this bike and never touched the crank arms. Pulled the arm today, saw it was fine, bolt and threads were fine, so I greased the square and put Loctite on the bolt. Same for the other side which was fine but might as well. Still don't know why it happened.
Lot of other rides this weekend. If it's hot tomorrow, I'll probably go to Santa Monica and ride the bike path to Long Beach or wherever it ends.