Old 04-29-13, 02:46 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabby
I don't have such a pessimistic view, I suppose. Probably because my experience has been pretty positive.
Hmmm...will probably reach 20 trillion in national debt while Obama is in office. That's $20,000,000,000,000,000. Billions, not millions of dollars are no longer relevant. Iran and North Korea with a nuclear weapon.
No changes to wall street legislation and nobody thrown in jail (where I should have worked) which could easily repeat the fiscal crisis of 2008. Too big to fail alive and well. Stock market rising sharply out of lockstep with a pretty flat economy propped up by money printing deflating the dollar.
A house of cards.
I love America...I just hate the direction. I have made a lot of money in my career and held onto a good part of it..so I am just fine. I worry about the next generation and the generation after that. College kids with outrageous tuition bills and mountains of debt who can't get a job. You don't have a pessimistic view? How about a pragmatic one? One million lost manufacturing jobs in America. Manufacturing is how America derived it wealth.
Good luck to your son who will be left with strapping debt. I suggest you tell him to be a statistician.