Thread: Clyde Emeritus
View Single Post
Old 05-01-13, 05:42 AM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Fantastic!

Hey, I'm in Indy right now. I see scads of cyclists every day (I guess we're near the terminus of the monon trail up here in Carmel)
That's a great area for bikes. Indy has slowly become a biker town -- I see groups out riding every Sat/Sun and I live in the boonies 1 1/2 counties from Indy proper. The weather right now is FANTASTIC for biking after a late-ish start on the season. I'm dying to get out on the road, but I pushed off painting the house last fall so I could ride and I'm paying the price now. (But if I get it done, maybe I can get some miles in next week...).

Random extra comment:
When I lost my first 50, nobody hardly noticed. 235 was my wedding weight and most people (inlaws and coworkers) had never known me to be any smaller. When I went for Easter dinner, I had lost 25 lbs and literally had people whispering as I walked past and asking me if "I was okay." My family, on the other hand, remembered me being a bean pole in HS and college and said: "wow, you look great, and you look like your prom picture from 20 years ago."

It's all perspective, I guess.