View Single Post
Old 05-01-13, 08:14 PM
zigmeister

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fat Boy
I'm not on Strava, but I have been looking at the Flo's. They're a wider rim and probably better in cross-winds that the older narrow Zipps, etc. They are relatively heavy at 1900+ grams/set. The aluminum braking surface is a good thing compared to most carbon rims. The price is definitely right. I think you've made a good choice. If it's really windy, then just ride the rear 60 and use a shallow front. Make sure your brake is set up so you can deal with both wide and narrow rims if all your rims aren't 24+mm.

1956gms is relatively heavy? They are ridiculously heavy. Wouldn't put any wheel on my bike that heavy.

Why don't you wait for Vision to release their Metron 40s/55s and even the clincher weighs 1295gms in the 55 depth. Claimed 30gms heavier than the tubular. 40s are 100gms lighter.

Cannondale is on these exclusively this year. I think if Basso and the likes can use the 40s for climbing and Sagan the 40-55s for sprinting and wheeling...I think they are good enough for any rider on the planet IMO.