Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrous Bueller
For the record, my helmet was not expensive, but is very well vented and fits my head. If any of you had to pay a lot to achieve this, I offer my condolences.
Nobody said a cheap helmet didn't fit, we said they fit better, more comfortable, and the ventilation is better. What model is your helmet? Have you ever worn an expensive helmet on a long ride of 6 or 7 hours on a hot day or done 5,000 ft -12,000 ft of climbing? I take it you haven't so you will never know the difference in comfort. as mentioned before, for those riders that don't have a $200 helmet and are comparing them to a 30 second try on at the LBS, you're just guessing and hoping your helmet fits as well!

Again, I have several helmets of all levels, they all fit and they all have vents but the better models Giro Pneumos and Ionos are far better on more demanding rides. So much so that even after a while you don't want to waste your time wearing a cheap helmet on short rides.

Really, what model helmet are you wearing? Maybe I have one and can do a ride by ride comparison.