View Single Post
Old 05-05-13, 09:24 AM
Vince Canepa

Bikes: 1978 Jack Taylor "Tour of Britain", 2010 Cannondale CAAD9-4, 2013, Cannondale Supersix Evo Red Racing, 1969 Jack Taylor Ladies "Tourist" (wife's), 2010 Specialized Dolce Sport (wife's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
[QUOTE]First rate - though I do think it's screaming for a Brooks./QUOTE]

It originally had an Ideale #91 cut away saddle, but it broke in half (!) when I crashed. But I have never been totally satisfied with the leather saddles. I get serious numbness from both the Ideale and Brooks saddles (and I actually have sold the ones I had in my collection). My comments on Flickr (about the various parts used and my rationale) state that I really want a Fizik Aliante Carbon in brown. I ride one on my CAAD9 and my bottom is happier than it has ever been. I may ask Fizik for a quote on a custom brown cover for an Aliante. The Sella Italia Turbo re-issue that is on it isn't bad. No numbness after an hour in the saddle and the suede is nice. But it isn't quite there compared to the Aliante.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. It is just one of many beautiful bikes owned by folks on this site.