View Single Post
Old 05-05-13, 09:36 AM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Vince Canepa
It originally had an Ideale #91 cut away saddle, but it broke in half (!) when I crashed. But I have never been totally satisfied with the leather saddles. I get serious numbness from both the Ideale and Brooks saddles (and I actually have sold the ones I had in my collection). My comments on Flickr (about the various parts used and my rationale) state that I really want a Fizik Aliante Carbon in brown. I ride one on my CAAD9 and my bottom is happier than it has ever been. I may ask Fizik for a quote on a custom brown cover for an Aliante. The Sella Italia Turbo re-issue that is on it isn't bad. No numbness after an hour in the saddle and the suede is nice. But it isn't quite there compared to the Aliante.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. It is just one of many beautiful bikes owned by folks on this site.
You really need to take this to Cirque du Cyclisme and enter it in the competition there. I'd love to see this in the flesh.