Old 09-08-05, 11:04 PM
iamlucky13
Footballus vita est

Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
He's just another self-righteous nutjob looking for something to complain about. So what if mountain biking causes a little erosion, so do his precious bears he mentions in the first sentence. Heck, they even eat his precious plants and animals. Besides, that little bit of erosion is nothing compared to an 8-lane highway. Conservation is a good cause, but you can only take it so far. While any trail user should take care not to abuse it so it remains available for others, a little wear and tear is to be expected.

At first I figured this was another hiker who had a bad encounter with a rude mountain biker, but reading his article, it sounds to me like he'll take the same stance against anyone who doesn't share his environmental views.

Originally Posted by nutjob guy from linked article
Having been a transportation activist for eight years (working on stopping highway construction), and having a favorable view of my fellow bicyclists as environmentalists, I turned to them to help me campaign to keep bicycles out of natural areas. Was I ever surprised! I discovered that many bicyclists (e.g. many mountain bikers) aren't environmentalists at all, but are simply people who like to bicycle
Wow. Deep insight on that one doc.