Old 05-05-13, 06:34 PM
JakiChan

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting injured sucks

Back on 4/20 (no jokes please) I was attempting my longest ride to date. A 113 mile ride to Gilroy and back. The next to last ride of the training series I was doing for AIDS/LifeCycle. Once we got to gilroy, at around 113, was the only climb of the day. Half way up I started to get this pain in what turned out to be my hamstring. I made it to the water stop and on to lunch, but I was dying by then. I went another 7 miles after lunch and SAGed out.

The next weekend was "Day on the Ride", basically a 1 day simulation of what to expect when doing the actual AIDS/LifeCycle ride. It was only 65 miles, so I was hoping that with a week off the bike I'd be good. My leg wasn't hurting anymore. Well it was stiff on the bike and 13 miles in to the ride I just didn't want to do it anymore, so I called my partner and had him come get me. (He was nearby just in case.)

The diagnosis is tendonitis. I'm doing PT twice a week and still not riding. I'm hopeful that this can be better by the beginning of June, and we're making some minor bike fit tweaks. But watching all my friends go out and ride is just killing me. I hate this.