Old 05-05-13, 07:29 PM
Crankykentucky

Bikes: Trek 6500, Giant Escape 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hdrk1111
Hi folks , I am new to the fourm . I have been lurking for a while and figured I would register and sign on. I have been ridding A 2010 Specialized Crosstrails for the past three years. I ride between 10 and 13 miles per day depending on the route chosen that day. I am looking for a little more speed and a lighter bike. I purchased a Specialized Allez 2013 model and I hate the drop bars. My LBS gave me a two week trial period and I have opted to return it and purchase a Sirrus comp. I plan to add a rack and ride this one on longer weekend rides ,say 25-35 miles . My friends ( road bikers ) keep saying this is a mistake as it will be the same as ridding the Crosstrail I already own. When test ridding the 2X10 20 speed Siirrus it seemed considerably fast than the Crosstrails. Question is , is anyone here ridding a Sirrus Comp these distances and what kind of speeds are you carrying . Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
FYI, there are some forum members who own Sirrus Comps. You might try a search, but hopefully they will see your post. Personally, I have ridden the Comp and found it to be super!