Old 09-09-05, 05:21 AM
Callaway

Bikes: Ridley Helium, 83/84 Shogun 600, ~85 Peugeot (PGN 10?), Masi Vincere Premio, Miyata 600GT, Yeti 575

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They say the same thing about all hunters, all campers, all rafters/kayakers, all anyone that does anything outside... We all know that there are "bad apples" that do stupid things and give everyone else a bad name, but really, the people that write these articles or complaining, in my experience, don't even utilize the outdoors much. They sit in their houses, or office in some giant skyscraper and ***** about us having fun oustise.
Obviously people with those sentiments are extreme and cannot be helped to anywhere near this side of logic or sanity, but where do they think that there houses and skyscrapers come from? I assure everyone here that they don't grow like mushrooms or something. Where every house and office building sits, used to be where Bambi , streams ran clear, and all of that. So, I for one will stop doing everything I do that is "destroying, irreprably harming, etc..." the environment, [I]when[/I, we can burn down the cities, let nature do 'er thing, and then ride there.
Oh yeah, as a scientist, I hate it when dumba$$es use "science" to back up their, otherwise unprovable claim, when in fact, no SCIENCE was actually used. People are always telling me, "well science shows..." and I just respond "really, show me..." they can't because there is no scientific data to show for such absurd accusations. <step off of soapbox>
cheers.