Old 05-06-13, 03:02 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by freaksho
this is really gonna out me as serious noob (ship probably already sailed) but just so i'm clear: when you all say "steel" does that always mean CroMoly? (and the "alloy" is always aluminum, right?)
Steel forks can be CroMo or HiTen;CroMo is lighter and I believe a bit 'springier'(assuming the same design). Alloy is aluminum,it's just easier to type.

Originally Posted by freaksho
i know i said i wasn't gonna ask for any more opinions until i ride some this week but i finally found another one: Orbea Carpe H10. it checks all the boxes, with CF fork and also appears to have a more upright posture than the Jamis Coda. nicer color too. this will be the first one i try.
Those look nice,but I've never seen any of the local shops stock Orbea hybrids,so you'll prolly have to special order one. Tried to get one of their full carbon hybrids a few years back,but the only shop carrying Orbea at the time refused to order one. BTW,one of the shops that carries Orbea is Big Wheels;avoid them. Only shop in the area I won't buy from again. I've been to all three locations and find them too sketch.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X