jpearl
Rabbinic Authority

Bikes: Cannondale Cyclocross, Specialized Langster, Giant TCR-C2 Composite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specific questions & reccomendations on tires

I've been out of the sport of cycling for a long time, so there is still a lot of product info that I need to rediscover. Right now I'm looking for a good set of "urban cyclocross" tires as I call them. Currently I'm riding a pair of Specialized Infinitys on the road (700 x 32). They are bombproof and heavy, which is fine, but they are also super-hard to get on and off the rim which means that I fear getting a flat with these in a way that I don't with my folding cyclocross tires. While I switch to proper cyclocross tires for the nasty weather and off-roading, I use my "urban cyclocross" tires for exploring and destroying the roads, paths, bridges, alleys, and sidewalks of New York City.

Here's what I'm looking for to use on the Gipiemme rims of my Cannondale Cyclocross. Can anybody suggest a tire that meets these standards or features:

- 700 x 28c or 700 x 32c
- Folding, kevlar bead, or any clincher that is reletively easy to mount and remove from the rim
- Treaded enough for dirt, sand, gravel, and other common road debris, yet conservative enough for cruising along on smooth asphalt
- A degree of built-in flat proofing

Many thanks in advance to everybody who responds.