View Single Post
Old 05-08-13, 06:42 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by oddjob2
That's why I suggested to the OP to let his homie suggest compensation after being informed about retail charges. I've helped friends with AV wiring, saving $5,000 on appliance deals, and $500/month on a mortgage. I've not asked for anything, but have been rewarded with Mondavi Opus One ($175.00), Chateau Petrus ($1850.00), and a lot of steak dinners.

I've also installed icemakers, fixed kitchen cabinets falling off the wall, and assembled big box bikes for friends while enjoying weekends at their Cape Cod or Hamptons homes.
Same here. This friend wants a good deal and good work. That is how this came about. He knows I am an avid biker, we are both past 40yrs old and he wants to start road biking. He also knows I will throw some custom twists on the bike tailored to his training for a specific course, keep an eye on the state of tune for him....and that is what I do for this great sport and friends.