Old 05-08-13, 08:15 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
May 9th (19,098)

It's been just over a month since I last posted a summary, so this list has 15 entries which go back to March 29th.

The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc. can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com

-----------------------------------

So that’s what a composite spoke sounds like when it breaks….

Doink! Yup, that’s what I heard as we were cruising down the billiard table smooth, 4% payoff grade called County Line Road at 35 mph tonight. At first I thought something had gotten shot out from under the tire that … Continue reading → Read more…

2013 Tour de Cure: 10 Days & $220 To Go… Please Consider A Donation!

We’re just $220 away from hitting our 2013 fund raising goal of $2,600 and 10 days away from the Tour de Cure. We’re asking for your assistance just one last time in the hope that a few of you may be … Continue reading → Read more…

Panama City Beach: Another Big Bike Weekend (Part 2 of 2)

Friday After sleeping in much longer than usual, which was quite nice, we got ourselves sorted out, stuffed the rain gear into the bike’s saddlebags and crossed our fingers that the rain would hold off until the afternoon as we headed … Continue reading → Read more…

Panama City Beach; Another Big Bike Weekend! (Part 1 of 2)

A little background on why we just did two motorcycle vacations in the space of 4 weeks is probably in order, as this is even unusual by our own standards (perhaps it’s an omen of things to come?) After riding … Continue reading → Read more…

New Wheels for the Triplet! But Are My Rims & Tires Too Narrow?

It’s been both interesting & occasionally even informative to watch several different “threads” running on “wider is better” themes across cycling. Frankly, I believe that so long as the average recreational/sport cyclists use wheels and tires at pressures that fall … Continue reading → Read more…

Well, That Was A Heck Of A Week! Debbie-Fest Retrospective

Well, Debbie-fest 2013 — the extended celebration of my lovely wife Debbie’s birthday — has just about come to an end. Well, sort of an end. Thankfully, this year’s Debbie-fest did include some tandem cycling, but only because I was … Continue reading → Read more…

Anyone Want To Talk About S_x? Oh wait… Sox, no I meant Socks!

I was just looking for a catchy subject line for a few thoughts on the subject of socks and went for the phonetic play on words. My apologies if I got any baseball fans in Chicago or Boston excited under … Continue reading → Read more…

Spring Tune Ups… Especially For The Gently Used Tandems

For those folks who put their tandems up for the winter, or for any teams that simply don’t give their tandems a lot of love — it’s time to think about a Spring Tune Up! Seriously, tandems really need attention … Continue reading → Read more…

Dropped Like A Rock By… (Wait for It) An Electric Assist Bike!

Here’s the set-up…. We’re out for a tandem ride on our local loop and working our way up a 2-mile long road that’s mostly uphill with 3% – 5% grade that we grind out at about 12-14 mph on a … Continue reading → Read more…

KEY WEST PART 3… The Everglades & Trips Back.

This is the third of three installments that describe our min-vacation to South Florida & Key West. Most of the photos you see were taken by our friends David & Deb who were kind enough to share them with us … Continue reading → Read more…

Key West… A Short Week In Paradise (Part 2, The Keys & Key West)

This is the second of three installments that describe our min-vacation to South Florida & Key West. Most of the photos you see were taken by our friends David & Deb who were kind enough to share them with us … Continue reading → Read more…

Key West… A Short Week In Paradise (Part 1, The Trip to Miami)

INTRO: It’s not often we take off an entire week and it’s almost unheard of for us to do so without tandem cycling being a centerpiece of that time off. However, our dear friends and partners in crime when it … Continue reading → Read more…

Just Belt Me… Really.

Crap… After seeing the black CenterTrack sprockets on a Calfee and a few other tandems at the Tandems East Expo two weeks ago, being pinged by BikeForums.net brother USPSPRO on the results of our custom Gates belt test from a … Continue reading → Read more…

Sebring Tandem Rally 2013, by Diana Mirkin

We are pleased to share a Florida PANTHERS Post-Event Report from our guest contributor Diana Mirkin. The third annual PANTHERS Sebring Tandem Rally was held March 22-24, 2013 at Chateau Elan, the resort hotel adjacent to the famous Sebring International … Continue reading → Read more…

Things I Didn’t Delve Into During My Talk At Tandems East’s Expo….

At the end of my 40-minute “Tandem Geek Show” during last weekend’s Tandems East Expo I decided to test the audience’s threshold for interest by asking if there were any questions before jumping into some other topics. As I suspected, there … Continue reading → Read more…