Old 05-09-13, 05:57 AM
onbike 1939

Bikes: Airnimal Chameleon; Ellis Briggs; Moulton TSR27 Moulton Esprit

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3291 Post(s)
Liked 827 Times in 583 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Well, from our experience ... staying in quite a few of them last summer ... our bicycles were stored in the conference room in all but 2 cases. In those cases, our bicycles were parked in the parking garage under the hotel. They weren't really set up for bicycles, and there was no way we were allowed to store them in the room, but they were willing to make some adjustments so that we could store them somewhere relatively safe.

If we had travelled with folding bikes (which is what we would do in the future), quite likely we could have taken them into the room.
Well that is a pity as when I was touring, it was the main reason for choosing F1 hotels along with the cheap price. It brings a great feeling of security to have your bike along with you in the room.

I think you are on the right track with the idea of folding bikes as in addition it would make train-hopping much easier.
Although health reasons have forced me to stop touring I find that I can't seem to stop buying touring bikes (wishful thinking I suppose). I bought this one although I find it is a bit heavy for carrying.
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products....d=m1b0s19p2745

I do know that some tourers use the Chameleon which is much lighter at 22 lbs.

Last edited by onbike 1939; 05-09-13 at 05:59 AM. Reason: typo