View Single Post
Old 05-10-13, 10:57 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Was going to keep those interested in an update last night but could not find the post. The ride is off. Son-in-Law, myself and a few mates have tried to get some training done but too few have been turning up for a ride. Out of the twenty that showed interest- only 6 have been regulars and a few others have appeared when a training ride was organised

Tried a few training rides for the "TEAM" and decided last night that none of them will make it. Only two are out for any training on a regular basis but took 6 out out for a gentle 30 miler with a 7% for a mile- 12% for 1 mile and a 12% for a mile with a good 20% for 100 yards. 3 walked the 7%-one made the 12% and they looked at the 12 with the 20% and started walking.

so 180 miles in one day is out but they now want to get fit for the London to Brighton in June. I have already told them they don't need Bike training but they had better get used to pushing a bike up anything that looks a slope unless they get out and ride 100 miles a week for the next 5 weeks.

London to Brighton is not hard. 54 miles with only two hills and even one of those is not bad. But too many riders and they will be walking the hills due to everyone else walking. Any start time after 8 am. and the road is packed.

Just to show--The pic is at the top of the last hill but it is this packed all the way if you don't get an early start.

Originally Posted by IBOHUNT
With some 10,12, and 16% grades in the works I can see a lot of "bugger off' happening.
Nailed it...