Old 05-11-13, 08:27 PM
kalliergo 

Bikes: Trek Valencia+, Dutch cargo bike, Karate Monkey, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by agent pombero
ILTB is not a rational person to talk with about the dangerous of cellphones or other potential distractions while driving.
Well, as I keep saying, our experiences of the roads vary wildly in the wide variety of places with which posters here may be familiar. Distracted driving probably just doesn't seem as serious an issue in a county of 42,000 residents that has been losing population since the 1970 census as it does in PDX, SFO, NYC. . .

I built some of the first cellular systems in small cities and rural areas across the US. If I had foreseen that I was going to spend the later years of my life dodging drivers, cyclists, peds, skaters. . . all with their brains connected by those systems to someone or something far, far away from here and now, I might have chosen more socially beneficial work.
"What if we fail to stop the erosion of cities by automobiles?. . . In that case, we Americans will hardly need to ponder a mystery that has troubled men for millennia: What is the purpose of life? For us, the answer will be clear, established and for all practical purposes indisputable: The purpose of life is to produce and consume automobiles."

~Jane Jacobs, The Death and Life of Great American Cities

Last edited by kalliergo; 05-11-13 at 08:31 PM.