Old 05-13-13, 10:30 AM
Terrierman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Don in Austin
Lots of disparaging remarks about people who are on bikes because they got a DUI, but I say give them credit for not driving with license suspended and for getting on a bike!

Hell, maybe, just maybe, a percentage may someday have an epiphany and substitute fitness addiction for alcohol addiction.

Don in Austin
Originally Posted by Biker395
Funny you would say that. I've often asked other cyclists ... how is it that you got into this crazy sport? How did you go from normal to riding 200 miles in a day on a flippin bicycle?

The answer of a good friend of mine? A DUI, and a 6 month license suspension. It was an epiphany that saw him substituting a healthy addiction for an unhealthy one.

Helluva guy.
True story. Four or five years ago we had a big icestorm here in SWMO. Saturday AM was just cloudy and about 34. I went for a little ride and while I was out it started misting rain and it had cooled off a couple of degrees so that misting rain was freezing on everything. I stopped at a "C" store for a cup of coffee and a biscuit and gravy. Some little old lady getting out of her car saw me ride up. Her comment: "Oh you poor thing. Did you lose your license?". I guess it was a little unusual for some old bastard to be out riding in the freezing rain without a pressing reason.