View Single Post
Old 05-14-13, 04:30 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,041 Times in 1,879 Posts
Hmm, I guess I didn't do too bad after all. It's mostly Exage Action with Exage Sport LX xhifters. Both were very late 1980s entry level groups that got replaced by Exage 400EX and 500EX in the 1990s. While it is entry level, it performs well. It was found models in the $300-$400 range, such as the Century Accordo and Nishiki Olympic.

The rear derailler housing could stand to be shortened significantly. Normally, a Cyclone rear derailleur would appreciate the value, but it may be a wash if it cannot be made to index properly with the Exage components. The shifters do appear to be at the SIS setting, so hopefully that is an indcator that the previous owner got things yo index. Once it has been overhauled, I think the value would be about $150. However, there is another forum member, wrk101, who is an experienced flipper and who I believe lives in your region. Having initimate experience with your market, he could probably provide the most accurate appraisal.

In the early to mid-1980s Kuwahara had an open format serial number stamped on the lower, non-drive side of the seat tube, in the vicinity of the front derailleur clamp. I don't know if they change things by this period, but probably not. That will tell you the exact year. I'd appreciate the information for my database. TIA. Enjoy your new acquisition.