Old 05-15-13, 05:49 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2938 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,497 Posts
Hello Flyingpenguin, welcome to the forums.

Originally Posted by Flyingpenguin
Hello I am new to this so bare with me.

I recently bought a second hand bike on eBay ( I know why?)

Any way the bottom bracket is broken and seems to be an unusual size, think I might have bought a nightmare, the size Bottom bracket Is a suze 35.6 ""Is this stamped on the cup or are you measuring it somehow? 35mm may indicate a French BB/frame "" outside of thread of cup
Unfortunately on the other side someone had fitted a dodgy smaller sized bolt "" which bolt? the one that holds the crank on? "" on the other side which doesn't fit and they used electrical tape to keep it in i beleive it is a standard british sized bottom bracket, I must add this seems to be a very old bike as it has coppets and may be from foreign shores. What is on the bike is as follows :

number on frame by back wheel 72108
Simplex gears
Balilla brakes
Ifm special handle bar
68 mm wide tube at bottom English BB threading is 1.37 x 24

Both bottom brackets are righty tighty

Any way my question is would any one know what make of bike this is and what bottom bracket I would need to get to fix it?

Am I able to tell what bike it is by the tube design? By the way bike painted all black don't believe it is nicked as no numbers underneath

If you think I am a mug for buying it fair enough

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk