View Single Post
Old 05-19-13, 06:11 PM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Bikes: Race bike, training bike, go fast bike and a trainer slave.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of mechanicals on that climb today for sure...

Myself I popped the 2nd time up, maxed my HR at 190 and got gapped. Worked through the downhill to chase back on with a group of 7 or so. Not enough in the group wanted to work to close the final couple hundred metres so I made the decision to try and bridge. That didn't work and in fact all I really accomplished was pulling the group along and brunt a bunch of matches in the process. By the time I rotated to the end I had zero life in the legs and couldn't hold the group.

Call it a learning experience.

Then got caught by a couple team mates and we formed up a group of 20 or so that worked together for the next 3 laps. On the final climb up the hill I decided to make a move, more of a confidence builder then anything else. Got to the top first and drilled it around the corner and through the downhill. Built a pretty good gap and had a nice solo gap going. Held them off until the ext corner, probably 3km or so. Once I got caught I settled into the back to recover. After a few more kms I worked back to the front and my one team mate and myself drove the pace nicely to get us all home.

I was OTB, but I was having fun and that's all the really matters!