View Single Post
Old 05-21-13, 09:57 AM
FasterNearGirls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Going to the TdF (I hope) - need help!

Just found out last minute and need to make some plans. ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

I'm going to be working in London from June 23rd through 30th. I booked my return ticket from London only for July 7th.
Therefore I will be free from Jul 1st through July 6/7th. Yeaaaaah, first week of the Tour!!!

They start on June 29th and do 3 stages in Corsica. Then they go to Nice for a TT (Stage 4), and head west from there for the following stages.

My first ideas are to fly from London to Nice, probably rent a car and a bike and drive to the mountains for some climbing, stay at a cheap bed and breakfast at some small town, and catch some stages. Totally open to suggestions and in great need of advice.

Routes to ride, who to connect and ride with, how to rent a bike, which stages to watch... These are all still open topics.

I'm a Cat 3 racer with explosive/fast twitch profile, so I know I'll be hurting on those climbs.
Also, I've been racing for the last 8 weekends so my training and races have been mostly low volume + high intensity. Only longer ride was a road race a couple weeks ago that I actually got 2nd in (field sprint).

Thanks in advance!