Old 05-21-13, 02:29 PM
13Cats

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I'm going to disagree a bit with the above...yes, trikes are hard to sell, but they're also hard to find. If this is a town n' country, it means it's fillet brazed and 4130 cro-mo - it's a good bit nicer than what you'll find at Walmart and is likely a good deal nicer than the standard trike people are lumping it in with above. Yes, it will take a bit to fix it up and Bill is 100% right with what he said about grease. Tires shouldn't be too big of a deal. I think it's a steal at $90, the only question is are you willing/able to take on a project (and it is a project). I wouldn't touch up the paint - leave her as the charming work horse she is.

It has been incredibly hard to find a vintage trike in my area. And that's really what I want. I don't want a Walmart trike (or bike for that matter). I want something with a history and the sort of build and quality that lasts for decades. I'm willing to put in the time to fix it up and I'm excited about the possibility of having a restoration project. I'd just like to be able to ride it fairly soon even if I'm not quite done with fixing it up. Painting it definitely isn't a priority and I may take your advice and just leave it alone. I was considering restoring the paint if I ever got it looking like new again. I have a friend who can get vintage Schwinn paints. But I also think the flaws and wear are part of the charm.