Old 05-22-13, 12:34 PM
GrandisJB
GrandisJB

Bikes: SuperGo & Grandis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Want details & value of 1974-5 Grandis 25" seat tube, 75mm Campy Cranks, etc.

I bought this Grandis 25" frame in Canada in 1975 and put mostly Campagnolo components on it. The brakes are Gran Compe (Dura Ace?), and the rear frame brake bridge is curved. There also is a white campy pump (presta), Brooks Pro saddle, Cinelli stem and handlebars. The frame has wonderful lug work, with "G" or "three leaf clover" or "dots" (5) cutouts in the lugs, fork crown, etc.; and the drop-outs and fork crown are chromed. There are a few dings and scratches; and the Grandis decals on the downtube have "broken" or scratched letters (see pics). In addition, I have two Campy racing hats of unknown value. Somehow I have acquired 5 extra wheelsets, all clinchers with presta holes, though I don't know what type of rims and don't know how to identify them: the rims are 27" (?), three have Phil Wood hubs (still in existence?), and there are two Campy skewers, two Sunshin, and 1 Atom. I haven't ridden the bike regularly in about 25 years (I'm 75 now); but my memory has lost details other than where I got it and what I can see on the bike and parts. It's a tight frame--Columbus SL, I believe--and a great ride.
I'm impressed with the detective work in this forum and would appreciate any ideas and information you can offer. I'll take extra pics as needed, but here are a few:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CmpyDwnShifts.jpg (96.5 KB, 52 views)
ARearQR.jpg (105.4 KB, 52 views)
AWholeBike.jpg (103.1 KB, 157 views)
CampyChnRing.jpg (94.3 KB, 49 views)
CampyCrank.jpg (89.1 KB, 49 views)
CinelliHandelbar.jpg (91.4 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by GrandisJB; 05-22-13 at 12:36 PM. Reason: left out a word!