Old 05-22-13, 01:13 PM
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Grandis happens to be among my favorite marquees...they're a smaller Italian builder based in Verona; in fact they're still making bicycles. They have a lot of attention to detail and refinement, but they aren't that well known (like many other smaller Italian builders). In terms of value...that's harder here. You have two things working against you...size and brand recognition. I have found that larger frames typically sell for less money and take longer to sell. A Grandis will require an informed buyer...typically bikes like this sell for less than things like Colnagos, even though it's likely a far nicer bike. Another issue is that you don't have a complete gruppo...most folks don't want Gran Compe (Dia Compe if I recall) parts on their Italian bike with other bits. You would likely do best here as a part out. I would advise selling the bike with one set of wheels - preferably campy, if not Phil Wood. Sell the others separately. The bar tape condition will not help your cause...I'd clean it and retape the bars. This is the type of bike where an established seller is going to have far more success...without numerous ebay sales, I think you're going to be limited.

I might consider trying to sell this bike here, or to the CR list.

If this were my size we'd be talking sale.

Last edited by KonAaron Snake; 05-22-13 at 01:17 PM.