Old 05-22-13, 02:00 PM
HvPnyrs

Location: In The Middle Of "Out There" / Downtown "Lost Angels"

Bikes: 2001 Trek 520 - Hvy Hauler, Epic Adventure Bike / 2011 Fuji Newest 1.0 - Sporty Quick Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
O.P.

Used wall mounted much like your 'link to' for approx. 5 yrs. in a previous residence.
Installed a Performance Bike "XPORT" flr to clg aluminum beam rack in 2006 in my less than 400 sq. ft. carpeted 'Ultra Efficiency' studio apt. and haven't looked back.

My experience with the wall mounted storage was good, No complaints at all. They're generally cheap, comparatively simple, intuitive to install,(hardest part was finding a wall 'stud' to mount into) and absolutely bomb proof when properly installed.
Of course if property owner/management have 'Issues' with tenants putting holes in the walls, then they are absolutely 'non starters'. The only other real 'problem' I can see with them is they are designed for, and really work best with, 'Old School' horizontal top tube 'Mens' frame bikes. Overall they are a good basic way to store 2 bikes while only using the floor space for 1.

In comparison to the wall mount systems, the 'floor to ceiling' beam systems can be more of a "Challenging", and "Valuable", "Growth", "Opportunity". Despite the much higher cost, the "assembly" required, and the admittedly "Finicky" install that many experience, especially on carpeted floors.
I feel very strongly that they are well worth the extra cost and care to achieve an elegant, extremely efficient, flexible, and bomb proof, Way to store, 2 bikes, 2 helmets, 2 full size frame pumps, A complete set of spare wheels, spare tires and tubes, bike rollers, cycling shoes, and 4 U-locks, while only using the floor space for 1 bike.
With no holes in walls, floor, or ceiling, Even on Carpeting!!