View Single Post
Old 05-22-13, 08:22 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
thats pretty great, i wish more people rode around here to know anything about saddle height in the first place

i also wish people around here shouted **** like that out their windows instead of the usual heckling
It was a guy driving an old Chrysler LeBaron with a bunch of landscaping trash hanging out of the trunk. My first reaction was just that, "what kind of rude comment is he going to yell at me?" Instead it was..."Hey, your seat's too low, you're not extending your leg far enough, you'll get more power if you raise it a little. I used to ride cross country, I'm not bull****ting you." I was dumbfounded, all I could shout back was "I was thinking the same thing." It was also pretty awesome because there were about 8 cars behind him that he slowed down in the process. Guy didn't care at all.

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
I live on a bike path... more often than not the riders that pass all have their saddles too low.
I've never had a pro fit or anything, but I thought I had it fairly dialed in. Then this morning I was in the drops and was hammering a segment (missed the KOM by 3 seconds) and noticed the same thing the guy did. Will see how things work out on tomorrow's commute with it raised.