View Single Post
Old 05-23-13, 08:16 AM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I tend to prefer Specialized helmets. They seem to fit my head better than the others I've tried. You might also consider getting a wicking cap to go under your helmet, often called a "do-rag". I like the headsweats shortie. I started wearing them last summer when my wife complained that I was returning from my rides with tiger stripes on my forehead. I've found they do help. Prior to using them I would find my head would start itching on a long ride. That's a rare occurrence now, since I started using the sweat-wicking liner caps.

Saddles are a tough call. Everyone's butt is different. That Fizik looks like a good deal, however. Many bike shops have a gel-filled bench that you can use to get a measurement of your sit bone width. That can help narrow the choices, but it's still a very personal thing.

Check some of the for trade threads here on BF. You may be able to get a steal on a saddle that didn't suit someone else.

Last edited by Yo Spiff; 05-23-13 at 08:24 AM.