View Single Post
Old 05-24-13, 12:25 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked 711 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by JTGraphics
Most all digital compact cameras from a major brand will do a good job these days, pick one in your budget. As far as camera or phone the difference is the lens, if you just want a snap shot of something either will do. If you want a real photograph I still always say use a real camera same as a video camera to me their is no one does all for either.

I use a Nikon DSLR a few in fact and a Small Sony for pocket camera and still use a video cam when needed, phone is for when I have none of those around.
Obviously a smart phone camera is not a replacement for DSLR; its not a replacement for a small Sony if that small Sony is an RX100.

However an IPhone 5 camera compares very favorable to a small point and shoot digital camera. Add in that you don't have to buy, or carry a second device, and the case for an IPhone 5 camera over a point and shoot is very compelling.

I'd much rather put $200-300 toward a smartphone, than buy a small point and shoot digital camera with a tiny chip and a crap lens.

And I'm pretty sure that enough of the market agrees with me, that small, inexpensive, digital cameras are going to largely diasappear.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...hardly-knew-ye

Hence, the recoomendation to go a bit up market, or just get a smartphone with a good camera.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.