Old 05-24-13, 02:43 PM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Okay, I went to several shops to see what they have. At my LBS, I tried on both Shimano XC50N(43) and Specialized MTB Comp(43) and the Specialized Road Comp(42, as they didn't have 42 in stock for the MTB Comp). I went for the Specialized MTB Comp and the Shimano M530 pedals(in black). I may be thinking about returning the shoes and having them order the same shoe in a size 42.5--toe velcro strap on the left foot is pulled all the way, and the ratchet to secure the ankle seems to only have one or two more clicks to end...I think they may be a tad bit big. My foot doesn't slop around, but I think there may be a spit too much room between the end of the shoe and the big toe(the right foot--the larger foot). I haven't done a real ride yet and plan to do one tomorrow morning. I decided to just do the trainer this am as I had a Sub job and didn't want to chance a fall(Tombay) just before reporting for a position. Below are some Pics I took with my phone at the LBS.

Interesting note. While on the trainer, the mech stated I was reaching way forward and we adjusted the seat forward nearly an inch(½" at first and then nearly another). He triple checked my knee position and the crank shaft and all seemed well know. I haven't messed with the seat position one iota since getting the saddle I'm using now and we did a fit then. I have no idea how the saddle got moved back. I practiced at the LBS and for 30 minutes last night clipping/unclipping and road on the trainer this morning for 60 minutes with some practicing engaging and disengaging also. Tomorrow, I plan on doing an actual road test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Shoes&Pedals.jpg (99.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg
Pedals closer.jpg (89.5 KB, 53 views)