View Single Post
Old 05-25-13, 07:37 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by CMC SanDiego
You're right the "sun tax" is high, but since this is where my job is, I'm enjoying it as much as possible. I live in east San Diego county and have some great rides on roads less travelled just a mile or two from my home (Dehesa, Alpine, Jamul areas). I work on the coast just south of Torrey Pines State Beach in La Jolla, and have some fabulous lunchtime rides into Del Mar, Solana Beach, or down into La Jolla itself (although that one has much more traffic).

The CEO of my company would come visit from Connecticut every two or three months, and when we had a chance we'd go out for a ride together and every time he'd say to me something like..."you have no idea how lucky you are to have a place like this to ride on a daily basis, there are only a handfull of places in the world with this scenery and temperate climate". I guess I was taking it for granted, but I'm trying not to do so anymore.
I was raised in So Calif for 50 years so I know the story there. I moved to Indiana 10 years ago due to my company, but now I can't afford to move back, so I'm stuck here, but I could have moved to worse areas! At least here when I retire I will actually be able to afford to retire! Heck, when I became unemployed a year ago I was able to afford being unemployed! I don't think that would have worked out so well in California!