Old 05-25-13, 11:40 AM
spacemanz

Bikes: Frejus/Bertin/Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills
Frank, you gotta come to Portland. Heck, there's museum exhibits of bicycles: http://www.portlandartmuseum.org/special/cyclepedia

And scenery? This is a easy ride from downtown Portland:

I grew up in Southern California. What passes for scenery is rented- they put mountains up there every month or two to convince people that it's not possible to leave. Then they put up smug (ugly smog) so you can't see that the mountains aren't there anymore.

Portland is a little pricey, but Vantucky (across the river) is pretty affordable. My wife and I have been here 17 years, and everything is paid off: house, cars, cats, etc. Year-round riding is easy if you have fenders.
I spent about a year-ish down in Portland, in the early 90s, when I first came out west. I liked it a lot, but I have an evil step-sister up here in Seattle, so I ended up here instead. I was working out of a temp agency in Beaverton, which wasn't all bad, but just not steady enough. When I hit Seattle, I worked for a moving company, & was getting 60 & 70 hours a week for a long while, LOL. Be careful what you wish for.