hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
A cat 3 (or higher) racer passed me on the way up in a 39-23 and he was struggling. He weighed about 130 lbs. to my 160ish. Yes, you do need to change gears for hills. You should try and hold a relatively steady cadence if you can.
Yep im looking at the elevation part of the jpg you posted now to get a idea of where the various areasare. And i try to maintain a nice even cadence. But some of the grade changes are fairly quick. As for the silver creek hill im gona guess based on what i can see that its at least 2x cleve mass or more. On cleave mass i can easly see the road surface ahead of me on this thing i cant see it at all on the intersecition. from the bottom. And i can just see the top 2/3 of the stop siing sing it self. Looking across the lake i can only see maybe the top 1/4. I do know the distance is correct do to fact i ride the towpath and it has mile markers road crossigns etc. Ernies bike shop for example is just past the 10 mile marker from summit county line and on google earth its like 10.23 miles from summit county line. So the hill in question at silver creek that i climb is .29 miles from the spill way to intersection.

And as for this program you use im getting me a copy for damn sure. I was looking at some demo maps in their screen shots and it looks like a fantastic piece of software for both route planning for milage and hills. At 99 bucks its a bargin to. Supposedly my brother found me a job at kmart Fairly sucky job other than 20% off that should get me well equiped with things like tools pumps and other stuff like that. Heck last time i was there they had some fairly nice bell helmets no fancy ratchet stuff but hey at 20 bucks -20% discount why not heh. Im not beyond buying stuff like tools pumps gloves etc from kmart lol. Just wish they had 700c presta valve tubes there or even 27 inch presta. Last time i had shreader valved rims i bought 4 tubes there for my 27 inch rims rated heavy duty. Lets just put it this way they were not kidding. I still have 2 in a set of rims down stairs that have been holding air for over 5 years ( i kid you not). I had one that i ran over a broken bear bottle with and sliced it inhalf. The part towards the road surface of the tire was easly 1/8 inch thick.