View Single Post
Old 05-28-13, 12:42 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Popeyecahn
Funny thing, I moved back here 15 years ago went through several jobs and now I have one that pays decent and has excellent benefits, but I can't afford a house here now, nor can I afford to leave (find a good job at my age?)... I'm planning on buying some property somewhere else to retire on, Portland looks nice as do some parts of AZ.
I liked Portland but not for cycling, it rains far too much there and is cloudy more then it isn't, I would find that depressing after awhile, I'm sure people get use to it but I like far less rain and more sunshine.

If my wife was to die before me I would probably sell everything I own and move to Morro Bay California and buy a small house, I really liked it there, it's quaint, plus it has the lowest beach real estate prices in California. And the weather is nice for cycling all year round, I can cruise on hwy 1 to lots of places or go into the mountains and ride all over those roads. I love the beach and would love to move back but right now financially it wouldn't work. I would probably keep one of my rental properties here so I would have an income stream, then sell the other and my house and pay cash for a small house there.

Of course if I'm over 80 if that happened I just stay put where I'm at now!