View Single Post
Old 05-29-13, 05:42 PM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Diagnose me, doctors Clyde and Athena

Kidding of course. And no, you do not need to place the standard disclaimers about "not medical advice" or "see a doctor."

I have not been able to ride as much as I would like in the last two or three months, ranging from 250 to 300 miles a month. That should be enough to tread water. Anyway, Sunday I went on a 48 mile ride on the flats, the first half into a moderate wind and the second half with a tail wind. I trucked along pretty good and spun the pedals as I usually spin, with an average cadence of over a 100.

The next day both of my knees were bothering me directly above each knee cap. It is fine when I sit and fine when I walk. It is fine flexing my leg when no pressure is on it It is not fine biking. It is not fine getting up from a seated position. It is not fine operating the clutch on my car.

What could have happened? I cannot bike more than a very slow and no pressure on the pedals five miles. I am staying off the bike for a few days. Saturday I have the first of the season organized ride. I think I have no choice but the skip the metric and do the 50k, if I am lucky.