Old 05-31-13, 01:46 AM
3speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
EDIT: Price from your link says $173...

This is tempting. These will allow you to sift a Shimano 9sp rear derailer and Shimano 9sp cassette? Do you know if this would this work with a Shimano 9sp mountain bike derailer(Should be the same as road, I think.) like a Deore LX or XTR? I'm about to build a touring bike and would love to have brifters on it, even though everyone says to go bar-ends on a touring bike. I feel like brifters would be better for the ride in general, and I have bar-end shifters I could keep in the spare parts bag anyway. I hate the ugly Shimano brifters, and they aren't rebuild-able(I've read you can get spare parts if your Campagnolo brifters break.), so I was going to use bar-ends rather than brifters. This could change my touring bike plan... Please help with my uncertainty if you can - Will these work just as well with Shimano MTB derailer?

I'll be doing some research myself, but a definitive answer from someone who knows would be awesome if you're a someone who knows.

EDIT: Also, I see that some Athena shifters for sale specify that they are for a triple crank-set. The Wiggle ones don't specify. Are they all good with a triple or do you know if the Wiggle ones are?

Last edited by 3speed; 05-31-13 at 02:26 AM.