Old 05-31-13, 09:04 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
If anyone can tell me where I can buy a good looking, 1,540g 50MM carbon clincher with machined alloy braking, good hubs, CX-Ray spokes that was shipped quickly and has remained true for ~1,200 miles over midwestern potholes for $550 from a brand name, let me know. My experience with Farsports FSC-50 wheels on Novatec 291/482 hubs and CX-Rays has been excellent, especially at this price. The proof is in the pudding. I'm far, far from only one here. Let's see the evidence that Chinese wheels are crap.

Also, the idea that Chinese vendors don't provide service and don't "participate in the community" is provably untrue. Kyle from Farsports is all over multiple forums (WW, RBR, here etc), responds quickly the emails and knows his stuff. The same is true of Jack Chen from Miracle Trade and multiple people from DengFu and HongFu. Velobuild is an entire site dedicated to these vendors that they actively participate in, offering group buys, answering questions, responding to concerns. I've purchased many things from these vendors and always had honest communication, professional packaging and timely mailing. Like anything else, if you buy from some no-name guys off of Ebay, you have no one to blame but yourself for poor service. However, if you buy from these known Chinese vendors, you will get good service.