View Single Post
Old 09-13-05, 03:01 AM
s70rguy
presto, pronto, prego!

Bikes: Dave Lloyd custom, Brands SLX, Visser Vainqueur, XACD ti custom, Hewitt Scandium, Presto 1972, and more ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts
We (my significant other and me) had to drive 300 km's to get this one, over in Belgium. To make it worth our while we had a 'Kriekske' (traditional Belgium beer, reddish coloured and berry flavoured) on the marketsquare in Mechelen. First pic!

The 'catch' that brought us there was a white Rossin (yes, another one) with chrome headlugs and chrome rear triangle. Condition is not as good as i would have liked. But the parts are nice, and I got three almost new tubulars to go with it.
Parts are Nuovo Record: rear derailleur from 1980, right hand crank 1982, left hand crank 1974 (????). Bottom bracket and headset are shot, I'll have to see what I can do to make it a good ride.
The wheels are sew-ups, GP4's. I suspect the rear rim has taken a bad hit, seems to have a flat spot. funny thing is, the rear is 32 spokes, the front 28 spokes, tied and soldered!
Brake levers are a pair of spotless C-Record's. They will go on another, more modern Rossin. The Rolls saddle is the nice brownish 'grained leather' one, albeit with a scuff on the right side. The stem is 11 cm 3TTT, I'll have to change that for a 12 cm, and the handlebars are the 'pista' type and I really hate that, they'll have to go too. Also the seatpost has to be swapped for a one or two bolt Campy Record, to achieve that oh-so important consistent look.
As you all can see, I'm a 'ride that classic bike' kind of guy. Maybe this one will be the ride for next winter. Or maybe not, I'd worry too much about that open bracket shell!
Oh, besides gasoline and beers, this one cost me 75 euros.

Edit: the hubs are from 74 (the 28) and 82, the brake calipers are pre-77 (flat release handles). A real mix-match of parts.

Last edited by s70rguy; 09-13-05 at 12:40 PM.