View Single Post
Old 06-08-13, 11:16 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Dang, I got NONE of the email notifications for this thread. Thanks for the kind words! The biggest thing that is bugging me is not really having time to work on it right now, aside from little things. The tires have been swapped out for a set of Tioga Psycho's (matched front/rear set) and a B.15 that has all the black worn off from age.

They're not really visible in the pics, but a previous owner covered every single alloy part with reflective stick on film. Little pieces all around the rims, sides of the brakes, crank arms, etc etc. It came from the Lafayette area from what I have heard, and funny thing is I have a set of tubular rims from the same area, with the same sticker treatment but in red. Makes me wonder if it was the same owner.

I am glad it fits me though. On older mountain bikes like this, I find the next size or two down from my road bike size fits perfect, and allows me to ride it more comfortably. I have the BIG size in beige/brown, and I can barely get two inches of seatpost showing. Gonna try to take some pics tomorrow, wqith the new tires and saddle. Also debating removing the rear rack. If I don't, I will be looking for a front rack to match. It's already loaded, but I want it outfitted for full touring duty if possible.,,,,BD