Old 06-09-13, 07:45 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
What kind of crazy course was that which would put an official standing in the middle of the road to direct traffic because it was coming both ways on an undivided course? And why didn't they red that race as soon as she was hit? Shameful.
Originally Posted by waterrockets
omfg. I hope all involved are ok. That is a crazy course. Agree, race neutralizes immediately with that mess, and there should be a rollup fence as a divider.
Originally Posted by AzTallRider
Wow. An oh. Crystal City. DC. Probably setup by an elected official.
F***ing A. that's an outrage. my friend and i were sort of joking that they have human traffic furniture, but it ain't so funny after watching this. I truly hope she's alright. The accident occurred on Crystal Drive, on the stretch between the 180 turn and 20th street.

This is at the end of the Pro/1 race (i was there the whole race, it's like a mile away from my apartment). The course is set up crazy, and we were wondering just what would happen if the break were to cross 20th street while traveling south while the pack turns left from 20th onto Crystal Drive. Just so very stupid

There was also an inordinate number of flats in the race. I counted 16 within the first 8 laps, basically two per lap. I thought that someone might have been throwing tacks on the course... I certainly won't be doing this shenanigan if they don't do something about it...