SecondChildhood

Bikes: TerrraTrike Tour II 24 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Again, thanks for the responses.
Originally Posted by Rowan
When you feel that you are not having a blast and that it is becoming a chore, don't be afraid take a few days or even a week off. The break gets you away from the routine, and refreshes both your body and mind.
There will be enough times when the real world will interfere with what will otherwise become a rigorous schedule. Still, I'll take your advice and lay out a week if I ever feel like, "Ah, crap. I havta get on the damn trike again today." That'll probably come up more during the winter when I'm on the trainer.

Originally Posted by ericm979
By same ride I didn't mean the same route, although varying that is good too. I meant the length and intensity of the ride.

For now it doesn't make that much difference but as you get fitter you should do rides of varying intensity.
Originally Posted by StanSeven
Listen to Eric's advice. Once you get a few miles in, a "harder" or "difficult" day is taxing and tires your system. If you put too many of them together without rest, or easy recovery days, your body never rebuilds and you tear yourself down. Not only will you be physically fatigued, you will be mentally exhausted as well.
I'm already starting to do this, maybe instinctively. Some days, I go out with the attitude, "Let's see if I can set a new record for average speed." Other days, I say, "I'm gonna just enjoy the ride and only look at the computer to see when it's time to turn around." I'll see if I can work that into more of a formal routine. And I definitely will take a day off after longer rides.