Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked 937 Times in 620 Posts
Originally Posted by samg07094
Claiming that the bike was stolen is silly. The seller bought the bike, moved cross-country working for Microsoft, put the bike in its Cannondale box into storage, then ended up reselling it to me. I dearly love the technology and how it rides.

Cannondale operates a full blown internet CustServ operation. That being said, the advice they gave earns a flat "F."

The guys here -- dabac, WL, FBinNY immediately -- hit the nail on the head. Score the BFers an "A."

That CustServ operation should give out the milk-and-honey BFer info and forward Cannondale customers to the component manufacturers. This is an easy task: go to the Quick 6 page on the Cannondale web site and the component manufacturers are listed. That is for a 2013 bike, O.K., so maybe it wouldn't hurt to go look at the 2009. (For me that requires getting up and walking all of 50 feet.)

Cdale gave misleading advice. If a rider can't buy parts and do his own repairs, then from their POV that tends to generate revenue for somebody in the Cdale business system. If Cdale is going to do a business web site, they should earn at least a "B."
What was the misleading advice, and what is stopping you from buying parts and doing your own repairs ?

I have been riding for 35 years and have never taken my bikes to a shop for repairs.

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html