genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
For many motorist, at least to them, Sharrows and bike lanes indicate the only roads cyclist are allowed on.

That is only Hilo as far as I currently know and how well did the jagged lines work?
All over Kona and along the highway too. How well did they work... hard to say as I don't know what it was like before... but like sharrows, it is simply something else on the street that grabs attention, and certain makes one look twice.

Look lets face it, if we have to post signs at corners to tell motorists what they should already know... well there is an issue... do we continue down the route of more signs and lines or what. Apparently there is a perceived need for this stuff by road engineers.

As far as motorists thinking that these are the only roads that cyclists are allowed upon... well then we need those markings on every road. Or need to train motorists better, because they seem to think cyclists belong on sidewalks.

Yeah I've seen your "favorite" bike lanes in HI and certainly there are issues with those. The BL in Kona side however are a dream... but of course those are geared for Ironman obviously.