Old 06-11-13, 07:29 PM
samg07094

Bikes: 1980 steel frame with buckets, new 2009 Cannondale Quick 6 w/o buckets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReal Houdini
I'm sure an authorized Cannondale dealer will happily assemble the bicycle for you.....
No need. Took me 20 minutes to reassemble it and get in a few very minor adjustments. She gets an A+.

Back in 2009 the bike was put together by a dealer for a test ride, then reboxed for a gift. Then the recipient shipped it back East without reassembly. The serial number on the bike matches the serial number on the Cdale box, which I did discard after getting the bike rolling.

Poor thing had to sleep in a box for 4 years. Lonely in there.

Paranoia about the bike's provenance is comedic. A bike from CL Hell !

Bikepedia and googling techdocs.shimano.com get to 100% of what's needed. Happy BFers got me there. That's no excuse for Cdale "experts" providing no information and saying there were no detailed diagrams.

The bike is nothing to bike perfectionists. To Cdale's CustServ the Quick 6 is a cheap bike with explicitly "low-end" components. To me it feels almost as solid as the Panasonic Sport Deluxe, which has gone 33 years without a single metallic thing breaking. The Panasonic cost $80 at a company event in 1981. ($225 dollars with inflation.) In 2009 the MSRP for this Quick 6 was $399.

If I'm cranking 5 miles, it's the Q6 gets the nod.

Last edited by samg07094; 06-13-13 at 04:04 AM.