Old 06-11-13, 10:02 PM
Turtle Speed
happy bike wishes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
But now I am wondering...do the rest of you see motorists just disregard red lights like I do? Every hour of every day? Is this a national phenomenon?
I only saw one person completely blow a red in your video (1:04). Two other vehicles were in the middle of the intersection during a yellow (1:18, 1:34). In your rush to complain, you failed to notice that the car at 0:37 was not obligated to stop at any red light. It had just completed a left turn.

Yes, many of those vehicles made bad judgment calls. Motorists misjudge your speed and turn in front of you - deal with it. Motorists try to beat yellow lights when they probably shouldn't - deal with it. Motorists pass you too closely - deal with it. It happens everywhere. You had plenty of time to react and adjust in almost every single one of these scenarios.

If there really were cars in "disregard" of reds "every hour of every day," you surely would have a nastier collection than the mundane footage here. This thread is much ado about nothing.

And a guy who habitually buzzes pedestrians labels a 2-foot car pass a "horror story." Child please.