JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3617 Post(s)
Liked 3,454 Times in 1,960 Posts
Originally Posted by punkncat
Last week someone got the grand idea of getting a can of dog/pepper spray. I immediately tried to tell the guy that got the can that it was designed for use alone, and to PLEASE consider what was going to happen at 20+ MPH spraying an aerosol can.

As was about usual, the dogs came running out. The guy opened up with the can of spray, the dogs flipped around and ran off. About five riders right behind ran into the cloud of spray, were blinded, and ran off into one another. The best of the best, a separated shoulder, cracked collar bone, chopped off part of an ear, and other minor injuries to go along with. One of the guys actually suffered some minor head injury, but he is fine now..well, no more mentally challenged than he was.
Ouch. Yesterday I was passed by a truck pulling a tank of anhydrous ammonia. The valve must have been leaking because as it passed I was nearly bowled over by the ammonia smell. I caught up with the truck a little later, pulled off the road with the driver fiddling with the valve...