Old 06-13-13, 07:12 AM
Myosmith
Lover of Old Chrome Moly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
I know the cyclist in this incident would disagree with me. But at least it was a bunch of miscreant kids, instead of a drunk driver. There was a drunk driver who went drove on to the W&OD bike path in Northern Virginia recently who intentionally ran into a cyclist, then was chased down by a bunch of other cyclists' and eventually arrested by police.
Gotta disagree. I can't call these attackers "miscreants", they weren't stealing cigarettes or breaking windows. This was a group of up to a dozen young people, approximate age unspecified, that viciously attacked a man without provocation or apparent motive other than for the shear rush of the violence. Any time you have a man on the ground and repeatedly kick and punch him in the head IMHO it should be considered attempted homicide. Even a jr high age boy can kick more than hard enough to cause permanently disabling or fatal head injury and, on an adrenaline rush, is unlikely to posess the restraint or even the prerequisite knowledge to control how hard or even how many times they strike.

A physician speaking at an EMS conference few years ago did a case review of a teenage girl who became disabled after accidentally being kicked in the head during a soccer game. That was one accidental blow, during a sporting event, by another teenage girl. Now imagine the potential of repeated intentional targeted kicks by a pack of attackers.

Last edited by Myosmith; 06-13-13 at 07:23 AM.